Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States:
The Public Papers of the Presidents is published by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and is the official publication of United States Presidents' public writings, addresses, and remarks.
Each Public Papers volume contains the papers and speeches of the President of the United States that were issued by the Office of the Press Secretary during the specified time period. The material is presented in chronological order, and the dates shown in the headings are the dates of the documents or events. In instances when the release date differs from the date of the document itself, that fact is shown in the textnote. Files are available in ASCII text and PDF formats.
- To retrieve an appendix, enter the word appendix in the search terms box. Each appendix appears in the results list as a separate file.
- To view the table of contents, enter contents in the search terms box.
- To narrow a search, use the Boolean operators ADJ (adjacent), AND, OR and NOT. For example: "environmental protection agency" AND superfund.
- To find variations on words, truncation can be used. For example:
legislat* will retrieve both legislation and legislative.
- How to select multiple databases in a search box.