Name of Application: Science Panel on Interactive
Communication and Health Web site
Type of Application: Public Web site
- Identity and organizational affiliation of
The Science Panel on Interactive Communication and Health, an
independent national expert panel convened and sponsored by the US Department of Health
and Human Services.
- Contact information for developer/sponsor:
- Source(s) of funding for development:
US Department of
Health and Human Services
- Does the application include paid advertisements, content,
No advertisements of any type are included.
- Specific purpose of application:
To provide independent
information about the evaluation of interactive health communication and the activities of
the Science Panel.
- Target audience for the application:
involved in interactive health communication, including application developers, consumers,
health- and technology-related organizations and companies, health professionals, and
- List the original source(s) of the content:
except for links and submitted information, was developed by the Science Panel and staff.
All citations are provided.
- How users' confidentiality or anonymity will be protected
and who will have access to collected personal data:
No personal data is collected by
- Was the effectiveness or impact of the application
Formative evaluation of the site and contents was conducted during design.
User feedback is used to improve the site and is being solicited continuously.
- If yes, provide a summary of results (i.e., describe
evaluation design/methods, study sample, key positive and negative results, identity and
funding of evaluators, and whether published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal):
from formative evaluation identified minor problems in interface design that were
corrected. To date, user feedback has resulted in minor corrections/modifications to the
- How and/or where a report of the full evaluation results can
No formal report has been produced.