color mapping

Message from the ncbrowse mail list.

Sorry for sending twice my previous message
"Subject: Re: displaying a time series of images".

I do get an animation by draging lon to x axis, lat to Y axis,
and the variable (IBL) to Contour (perhaps "Contour" is not the most
appropriate name, as the variable is not represented as a contour but
as a raster).

It seems to me that each time slice is stretched independentely, thus
the colors are not consistent across time. Am I wrong? I mean that
a given "red" color can represent a value of 2.5 at time=1 and
a value of 3 at time=2, depending on the range of the variable at time=1
and time=2.
At least I see the color bar with different values at each time
step.

Is there any way to keep the same color maping for the total range
of te variable? (i.e., using the min and max of all layers).

Thanks

Agus

Dr. Agustin Lobo
Instituto de Ciencias de la Tierra (CSIC)
Lluis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona SPAIN
tel 34 93409 5410
fax 34 93411 0012