program included over 600 presentations which addressed one or more of the conference themes and relevant questions listed below. General
sessions were broadcast during the conference. On-demand
broadcast video may now be viewed via the Internet.
Partnering for Health
- What lessons were learned from Healthy People
2000 that can be applied to achieving the 2010 objectives?
- What research and action are needed to
implement the leading health indicators?
- What are the roles of federal, state, and
local government agencies and other partners in achieving the Nations health
- How can community coalitions be mobilized for
action on the objectives?
- How do we partner with the media to promote
- How can the goal of eliminating health
disparities promote culturally and linguistically competent public health?
- How can the Healthy People 2010 objectives be
used as a research agenda to eliminate health disparities?
- How do the Healthy People objectives drive
racial and ethnic data collection?
- What are the successes and challenges of using
technology to eliminate disparities in health?
Increasing Quality and
Years of Healthy Life
- How can we engage those from outside the
public health community to support the goal of "increasing quality and years of
- What have we learned about effective
interventions and best practices?
- Why is quality of life an important public
- How are health-related quality of life
measures being used?
- What types of partnerships are needed to
promote quality and effectiveness of online and interactive programs?
- How can technology promote collaboration
between public health and health care professionals?
- How can technology support a balanced
community health system and improve quality of health and health care?
- How can technology empower consumers,
patients, and caregivers to make sound health decisions, while ensuring their privacy?
- How can we build a national health information
infrastructure that supports Healthy People?
for Health in the New
Millennium January 24-28,
2000 Omni Shoreham Hotel,