Accessibility Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Main Content Home  |  Change Text Size  |  Contact IRS  |  About IRS  |  Site Map  |  Español  |  Help  
magnifying glass
Advanced Search   Search Tips

Tax Relief in Disaster Situations


Updated Dec. 8, 2008

The Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 offers a new option to homeowners who previously claimed a casualty loss deduction resulting from hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma. See the news release, notice and questions and answers for further details.

For a definition of the Midwestern Disaster Area for Various Provisions of the Tax Extenders and AMT Relief Act of 2008, see Notice 2008-109

Recent Tax Relief

Don't See What You're Looking For?
Around the Nation contains links to previously issued disaster relief.

NEW: For Forms, Publications, FAQs and General Information See Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief for Individuals and Businesses.

Ayuda por Desastres Paginas en espanol

Tax Relief for Hurricane Katrina, Rita and Wilma Victims The IRS offers tax assistance to victims of the 2005 Gulf Coast hurricanes.


Page Last Reviewed or Updated: January 07, 2009