Apply For Loan Repayment
Up to $50,000 to Repay Student Loans
- Primary care physicians: MD or DO in family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics-gynecology, psychiatry
- Primary care nurse practitioners
- Certified nurse-midwives
- Primary care physician assistants
- Dentists: general or pediatric
- Dental hygienists
- Behavioral and mental health providers: health service psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, psychiatric nurse specialists, marriage and family therapists, and licensed professional counselors
If you are fully trained and licensed, a U.S. citizen
or national, and working at an approved site within
a designated Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA),
you may apply for this generous loan repayment program.
Payment is tax free and made in a lump sum so you can pay down your loans fast.
For Two Years as a Health Care Hero
In exchange for up to $50,000 to repay your student
loans, you will practice your profession for two
years in an American community that needs you desperately.
If you're like most National Health Service Corps participants, you will want to continue providing full-time primary care in a high-need Health Professional Shortage Area. After you have fulfilled your minimum two-year service commitment, you may apply for an additional year of funding
if you continue to have unpaid qualifying educational loans.
You select your service site from more than 6,000 approved National Health Service Corps job opportunities. More than half of the sites are HRSA-supported health centers, where clinicians can be
granted medical malpractice liability protection
through the Federal Tort Claims Act.
How It Works
Next step: Read the Applicant
You learn to be a part of the community, not just a member. You become a vital component to the entire community.
- Robert Floss, M.D., Hampton, Arkansas
We're city-subsidized. Patients only have to pay an average of 2 dollars for services rendered.
- Laura Gushue, DDS