HRSA - U.S Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Service Administration HHS
Order Publications
Grants Find Help Service Delivery Data Health Care Concerns About HRSA
Support Home
Ask a Question
 My Questions and Answers 
  hide accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

    Powered by RightNow Technologies
  Answer ID  
  Waste, Fraud & Abuse
  Date Created  
06/29/2005 07:42 AM
  Last Updated  
06/29/2005 03:41 PM

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Report Grant Fraud, Abuse
  How do I report fraud and abuse in a grant funded by the U.S.Department of Health and Human Services?
  To insure that grant funds are spent as intended, Department employees, grantees, and members of the general public should report any irregularities, such as:

Furnishing false credentials in grant applications;
Providing inducements to influence the grant decision;
Failure to perform the work specified in the grant award;
Failure to establish necessary fiscal controls on grant money;
Reporting false results on the work specified in the grant award;
Theft of grant money, or of property purchased with grant money;
Using grant money for any purpose other than that specified in the grant award.

Depending on the severity of the malfeasance involved and the depth of your personal knowledge of the facts, you may want to report the infraction to the grants officer for the particular grant. This individual is usually identified as the contact person in any official announcements regarding the grant. You should pursue this option to report infractions that are primarily technical in nature or to clarify provisions of a grant. Similarly, you may want to contact the Department agency that awarded the grant. For example, if the grant was issued by the Health Resources and Services Administration, you may want to contact the HRSA Office of Performance Review.

If, however, you do not know how to contact the grant officer, or you suspect that the official administering the grant to be involved in the fraud, or you suspect that the infractions involve serious criminal activity, you can report the fraud directly to the Office of Inspector General,
  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results