HRSA - U.S Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Service Administration HHS
Order Publications
Grants Find Help Service Delivery Data Health Care Concerns About HRSA
Support Home
Ask a Question
 My Questions and Answers 
  hide accessible links  
 Search by Category View Category Hierarchy
  Search Tips 

    Powered by RightNow Technologies
  Answer ID  
  Reduced Cost Healthcare
  Date Created  
11/06/2002 03:02 PM
  Last Updated  
06/20/2008 10:45 AM

 Printer Friendly Version of This Answer  Print Answer

 Email This Answer  Email Answer
  Reduced-cost health care
  Where can I go to get health care regardless of my ability to pay?

Community health centers provide health care regardless of your ability to pay and even if you have no health insurance. Find the community health center closest to you. Phone the community health center for more information or to make an appointment.

Hill-Burton obligated facilities provide free or reduced-cost services to those who are unable to pay. Each facility chooses which services it will provide at no or lowered cost and who will receive them. Eligibility for Hill-Burton is based on family size and income. You may apply at a Hill-Burton obligated facility for free or reduced-cost care either before or after you receive care. Find Hill-Burton obligated facilities. Apply for free or reduced-cost care at the Hill-Burton obligated facility.

State medical assistance programs help people with incomes under certain limits pay for prescription medications, visits to the doctor, hospitalizations, and insurance premiums. Each program is different and not all States have medical assistance programs. Contact your local department of social services or a local hospital's social worker to see if your State has a program and if you might be eligible to apply.

National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program for low-income women provides free or low-cost mammograms and Pap tests. Find a free or low-cost mammogram and Pap test in your State

Veterans Medical Benefits provide care to enrolled veterans. If you served in the military and were discharged in other than dishonorable conditions, you are probably eligible. For more information, see the Veterans Administration Web site

  Users who viewed this answer have also viewed
Back to Search Results
  Back to Search Results