How and when do I get a refund if I do cancel my flood insurance?


If you were required to obtain flood insurance as a condition of a loan and you were later determined to be removed from the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) by a Letter of Map Change (LOMC) (includes Letter of Map Amendment, Letter of Map Revision - based on Fill or Letter of Map Revision), you may request a refund. However, the lender is not required to waive your flood insurance requirement; the lender may decide that flood insurance coverage is still required as a condition of the loan.

To receive a refund, submit the LOMC to the lender and ask that the lender waive the insurance requirement. Present the written waiver from the lender, along with a copy of the LOMC, to the insurance agent that sold you the policy and request a refund. Refunds are not available if a claim has been made or is pending against the policy.

Last Updated: 2007-01-08 13:04:18.0

Back to Search Results