What are FEMA’s citizenship/immigration requirements?


You must be a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or a qualified alien to qualify for a grant from FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program. However, undocumented individuals can apply on behalf of their minor child who is a citizen and has a social security number. FEMA can provide information on how to obtain a social security number for a minor child. The minor child must live with the parent/guardian applying on his/her behalf. The undocumented individual does not have to be a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national or a qualified alien for crisis counseling, disaster legal services or other short-term, non-cash emergency assistance. Voluntary agencies provide help regardless of immigration status.

Last Updated: 2007-01-04 15:18:47.0

Back to Search Results