Have a question?
Check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). If you still can't find an answer, you will be able to ask a question with our convenient on-line form. Our FAQ database contains answers to many questions asked most often by the public.
Call FAA toll-free 24 hours a day to:
- Ask questions about FAA-monitored consumer issues (Consumer Hotline).
- Report specific violations (Hazardous Materials).
- Report information relating to air carrier safety or participate in other protection activities (aviation industry employees only). Report to Aviation
- Report Aviation Safety Issues (you may also email your concern for the issues listed below only).
- Maintenance improprieties
- Aircraft incidents
- Suspected Unapproved Parts
- Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) violations
Office of Inspector General Complaint Hotline
- Report allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement in U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) programs or operations
Flight Standards District Offices (FSDO)
Contact your local FSDO for information on:
- Low-flying aircraft
- Accident Reporting
- Air carrier certification and operations
- Aircraft maintenance
- Aircraft operational issues
- Aircraft permits
- Airmen certification (licensing) for pilots, mechanics, repairmen, dispatchers, and parachute riggers
- Certification and modification issues
- Enforcement of Airmen & Aircraft Regulations
If you know the name of the FAA employee you want to contact, use the:
Transportation Security Administration
Call Transportation Security Administration toll-free (866) 289-9673 to:
- Report specific violations and concerns about security
- Visit the Transportation Security Administration Transportation Security and Baggage Screeners Concerns webpage
Aviation Consumer Protection
Call Aviation Consumer Protection at (202) 366-2220 to:
- Report a concern about airline service including:
- Lost baggage
- Denied boarding
- Visit the Department of Transportation Air Travel Service Problems webpage
Flight Service Stations: Send comments or complaints about weather briefings and other flight planning services provided to pilots through the Flight Service Stations, to: 9-AWA-ATO-SYSOPS-FS@faa.gov.
Learn more about the Flight Service Station Operations.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requests
- How to Make a Request
- Headquarters FOIA Office
- Region and Center FOIA Offices
- Documents and Publications
For More Information
- Accessibility Help Desk Email for Section 508 difficulties accessing this site.
- Aircraft Noise Issues
- Aviation Education Program Managers
- Find FAA Offices
To submit comments or questions about the website, email us.FAA Headquarters
Federal Aviation Administration
800 Independence Ave, SW
Washington, DC 20591