The Fiscal Year 2009 National Health Service Corps application cycle is open. Applications will be accepted through January 31, 2009.
Be sure to review the Applicant Information Bulletin carefully for detailed information. On Applicant Information Bulletin Web pages, you will find links to the on-line application and required forms.
- All required application materials, forms and documents must be submitted before the deadline on January 31, 2009 (postmarked).
- Make certain that your site(s) are Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) designated and NHSC approved or in the process of submitting a new Recruitment & Retention Assistance Application for approval.
- Follow the Checklist of Required Documents to insure your application is complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered for funding. It is the applicant's responsibility to submit a complete application package.
- Our experience shows that the Data Bank reports and the loan documents generally take the longest time to obtain; therefore we recommend that you start immediately.
You will be required to submit current copies of two National Data Bank reports:
(a) the National Practitioners Data Bank and
(b) the Health Integrity and Protection Data Bank.
Obtain these reports from the National Data Banks Self Query Service or by calling 800.767.6732. Do not send us your Query or the Notarized report request form. Once the reports are mailed to you, pay attention as the reports look almost identical and are often mistaken for duplicates.
- Your application will not be deemed complete if you fail to include all the required loan documents. Please read the Applicant Information Bulletin carefully for information on what must be included.
If you have any questions about program eligibility, please contact us at 800 638-0824 or NHSC@discoverylogic.com.