TYPE: Geographic make-up of designation.
(Minor Civil Division - a Census- recognized sub
name with the 2-digit numeric FIPs state code
name with the 3-digit numeric FIPs county code
numeric state and county FIPs code combined
(including decimal place) census tract number
REGION: Each designation is assigned to a state. Each state is assigned
to a region.
- Region I: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire,
Rhode Island, Vermont
- Region II: New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands
- Region III: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland,
Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
- Region IV: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi,
North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- Region V: Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio,
- Region VI: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma,
- Region VII: Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska
- Region VIII: Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota,
- Region IX: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, American
Samoa, CNMI, FSM, Guam, Republic of Palau, Republic of Marshall Islands, Trust
- Region X: Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington
MCDCODE: 3-Digit Minor Census Division Code
MCDNAME: A name assigned to each Minor Census Division Code
SERVICEAREANAME: A name assigned to most MUA/Ps
SCORE: The Index of Medical Underservice (IMU) score. The lowest score
(highest need) is 0; and the highest score (lowest need) is 100.
DESIGNATIONTYPE: The type of designation.
(designated for the Resident Civilian Population)
(designated for a specific population)
designated at the request of a State Governor based to documented unusual
local conditions and barriers to accessing personal health services.
UPDATEDATE: The date that the designation was last updated
DESIGNATIONDATE: Date that the designation was originally designated
OLDMUAID: No longer being used. This is being retained for historical
ID: 5-digit number assigned to each designation
MUA_SRT: A field that Diane Rodriguez created. Not being used.
CURRENTSTATUS: Designation status.
- D = Designated
- W = Withdrawn
SERVICEAREATYPE: Geographic make-up of service area.
- WH = whole county
- PC = partial county
- MC = multi-county
- MS = multi-state