More Ways You Can Help
Help more patients who need a life-saving marrow transplant by supporting the work of the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP). Here are some easy ways to make a difference in the lives of others.
Spreading the WordEvery patient deserves a second chance at life. Tell your friends and family about the opportunity to save a life.
- Create a LifeJourneys page - Share your story about marrrow transplantation, joining the Registry or being a marrow donor.
- Send an e-mail (upper right corner) to tell your friends and family.
- Sign up to receive periodic e-mails about volunteering, special events, patient programs and advocacy from our fund-raising partner, The Marrow Foundation®.
AdvocacyAs a member of our grassroots network, NMDP will:
- Provide you with timely action alerts to contact your policymakers on issues related to cellular transplantation.
- Make it easy for you to communicate with your legislators by email, fax, and phone, or to find contact information to schedule an in-person visit.
- Provide you with regular updates to keep you informed on the progress you're making as an advocate for NMDP. We will even provide you with information to help you get started.
Workplace givingYou can support the life-saving work of the NMDP through your place of work.
- Give through the United Way campaign - Designate The Marrow Foundation® as the organization to receive your gift.
- Participate in the Combined Federal Campaign – Employees in the federal civilian, postal or military work force can designate The Marrow Foundation (#10579) for pledge contributions during the campaign season, September 1 to December 15.
- Engage your organization – Find creative ways for your organization to partner with the NMDP to save lives.
Online givingEvery dollar given adds more donors to the Registry, provides valuable patient programs and assistance and advances medical discovery.
- Give now - Make an online contribution.
- MissionFish.org - Share a portion of your eBay sales by selecting our fund-raising partner, The Marrow Foundation.
- Guidestar.org - Contribute to The Marrow Foundation through the American Express GivingExpressSM Program.
TransportationYour gift can make a real difference to families burdened by the cost of transplant.
- Donate frequent flyer miles to the NMDP. Your donated miles will fly transplant recipients and their caregivers to the transplant centers treating them.