- Addresses Immediate Economic Challenges
- Ensures Sustained Prosperity
- Keeps America Safe
- Balances the Budget by 2012
Addresses Immediate Economic Challenges
- Includes a bipartisan economic growth package that spurs investment and strengthens the Nation’s economy.
- Promotes and preserves the American dream of homeownership though education and assistance to combat foreclosures and maintain a stable, healthy housing market.
Ensures Sustained Prosperity
- Makes tax relief permanent for long-term economic growth and sustainability.
- Improves Americans’ access to affordable health care by fostering a private marketplace, encouraging competition and improving efficiency.
- Builds on the success of the No Child Left Behind Act by supporting proposals to reauthorize and strengthen the law and increase our students’ competitiveness.
- Keeps the U.S. the most innovative nation in the world by implementing the American Competitiveness Initiative.
- Increases energy security by focusing on renewables, accelerating technological breakthroughs and expanding traditional sources to reduce our reliance on foreign oil.
Keeps America Safe
- Supports the national defense and funding for America’s troops.
- Enhances homeland security and terrorism prevention.
- Promotes peace, democracy, and economic opportunity worldwide through diplomatic, development, and reconstruction activities and increased civilian capabilities.
Balances the Budget by 2012
- Maintains proven pro-growth policies – keeping taxes low and restraining government spending – to ensure the deficit up-tick is temporary and manageable.
- Continues to address the long-term challenge of unsustainable entitlement spending.
- Improves results of government programs and instills greater transparency so that taxpayer dollars are spent wisely, or not at all.
- Introduces a new culture of accountability on wasteful earmarks.