- 64 million: The number of Americans who live without access to primary health care.
- 30,583: The number of clinicians from all primary care disciplines needed to help them.
- 5,955: The number of primary care job vacancies on the National Health Service Corps Job Opportunities List.
It all adds up to an extraordinary opportunity to make a difference and there's only one place to start: the National Health Service Corps.
The National Health Service Corps recruits primary health care providers to work where they are needed most in exchange for scholarships or loan repayment.
National Health Service Corps Ambassadors recruit students and clinicians to the NHSC. Ambassadors are the voices and faces of the NHSC on campuses and in communities across America.
- Make yourself and the NHSC known
- Advocate for primary care
- Mentor students and clinicians
- Recruit students and clinicians to the NHSC scholarship and loan repayment programs
- Train community leaders, your own institution and local clinicians to care about and for people in need
If you are a faculty member or a health care professional working in a needy community, find out how to become an NHSC Ambassador today!