Research Training at NCCAM/NIH
The Division of Intramural Research participates in a variety of training programs to promote the research development of diverse health care professionals in the design, implementation, interpretation, and the publication of CAM-related research. The objectives are to:
- Stimulate collaboration between CAM practitioners and conventional investigators
- Support doctoral and postdoctoral training in CAM research
- Sponsor career development and mentorship.
Selected NCCAM programs integrate with established clinical and pre-clinical training programs at the NIH. Other programs receive support from non-federal sources. Examples of our training programs include:
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine and Oncology Fellowship
- Endocrine Section Post Doctoral Opportunity
- NCI Fellowship Program
- NCCAM Director's Fellowship, sponsored by the Prince of Wales Foundation
- NIH Inter-Institute Endocrine Training Program (NIH)
- Domestic and international post-doctoral fellowship programs (NIH)
- Howard Hughes Medical Student Program (HHMI)
- Post-baccalaureate and summer student research programs (NIH)
- NIH-Duke Clinical Research program, which confers a Master's Degree in Clinical Research (Duke)
- Several research fellows are currently funded via grants awarded by the American Diabetes Association or its affiliates.