State Initiatives for Stem Cell Research
- California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) Makes grants and provides loans for stem cell research, research facilities, and other research opportunities at California universities and research institutions.
- Connecticut Stem Cell Research Program Provides grants-in-aid for conducting embryonic or human adult stem cell research.
- Illinois Regenerative Medicine Institute (IRMI) Awards grants to Illinois medical research facilities to fund stem cell research involving adult, cord blood, and embryonic stem cells.
- Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) Provides emerging technology companies and university researchers with funding and specialized technical assistance.
- New Jersey Stem Cell Research Program Awards individual research and core facility grants to support human embryonic stem cell research.
- The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) Offers grants, fellowships, and symposia for stem cell researchers; educates the public about stem cells; and establishes collaborative stem cell research facilities.
- Ohio Center for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine A multi-institutional center (Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, the Cleveland Clinic, Athersys, Inc., and Ohio State University). Provides basic and clinical research programs, biomedical and tissue engineering programs, and the development and administration of new therapies.
For more information, download Stem Cell Research: State Initiatives (220k PDF; get Adobe Reader), a report from the Library of Congress's Congressional Research Service.
The links included here connect you to other Internet sites that operate independently of the NIH. The NIH is not responsible for the availability or content of other sites. Permission to reproduce information at other sites may be required. The NIH does not endorse, warrant, or guarantee the information, services, or products described or offered at these external sites.