We collect information for the following purpose(s):
- Completing or supporting a program activity
- Website and system administration
- Research, analysis, reporting
Who has access to the information we collect?
- Information collected by our website is used by our organization only.
Types of Information Collected:
- Federal government Web sites are generally prohibited from using persistent cookies and this site does not employ them.
- The Internet domain from which a user has accessed the Internet.
- The Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer that was used to access the Internet.
- The name and version of the user's computer operating system and Internet browser.
- If a user comes to a NCI from another Web site, the Internet address of the "referring" Web site.
- The date, time, and duration of the user's visit to www.cancer.gov, and the pages visited.
- When inquiries are received by e-mail, the questions and the e-mail address of the sender are stored electronically to allow time for a response to be researched, written, and sent. Unless otherwise required by law, NCI will not identify anyone who sends questions or comments to its Web site. NCI does not collect information that will allow users to be identified personally unless they choose to provide such information.
- If children send questions or comments to NCI web sites and include their name and/or home mailing address as part of their message, the information will be used only to respond to them personally. Providing this type of information is optional, and NCI suggests that children obtain their parents' permission before providing any information online, to NCI Web sites or any other Web sites.
Dispute Resolution Mechanism:
If you believe that our website has collected incorrect information or if you would like to dispute any information, please contact us the following:
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences
National Cancer Institute
6130 Executive Boulevard
Executive Plaza North
Rockville, Maryland 20852