| home >> online collections >>
event archive >> archive of past symposia >> seeger symposium >> selected
March 15-16, 2007, Library of Congress, Washington, DC
The following list includes online resources
with navigational links. Unless
otherwise noted, the Web sites listed in this directory are provided
by organizations other than the Library of Congress. The Library
of Congress bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or
content of the external site or for that of subsequent links.
Seeger," University of California at Los Angeles, Department
of Ethnomusicology website.
Greer, Taylor Aitken. A Question of Balance: Charles Seeger's
Philosophy of Music. University of California Press. 1998.
Pescatello, Ann. Charles Seeger: A Life in American Music. Pittsburgh,
PA: University of Pittsburgh Press. 1992.
Yung, Bell and Helen Rees. Understanding Charles Seeger, Pioneer
in American Musicology. Urbana: University of Illinois Press.
- American Musicological Society. Records, 1934-1992. Rare
Book & Manuscript
Library, University of Pennsylvania. PU-Sp Ms. Coll. 22. (View
the collections guide.)
Berkeley Folk Artist Archives, Special Collections Department,
Northwestern University Library.
Charles Seeger musical compositions and published research articles,
ARCHIVES SEEGER 1, The Music Library, University of California,
Berkeley. (View the collections guide.)
- Charles Seeger Oral History. Online Archive of California. University
of California at Los Angeles. (View the collections guide.)
Oral History, American Music. Yale School of Music and Library
- Seeger Family Materials at the American
Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Family Materials in the Music Division, Library of Congress
Gura, Philip F. "Roots & Branches: Forty Years of the New
Lost City Ramblers," Old-Time
Herald vol. 7, no. 2 (November 1999-January 2000):26-33 and vol.
7, no. 3 (February-April 2000):20-24.
- Spottswood, Dick. "Mike Seeger," Bluegrass Unlimited 19, no. 11
- Williams, Toni. "Talking Feet-Mike Seeger," Bluegrass Unlimited
26, no. 8 (February 1992):41-45.
- Dunaway, David King. How Can I Keep from Singing: Pete Seeger. New York:
McGraw-Hill Book Company. 1981.
- Seeger, Pete. The Incompleat Folksinger. Edited by Jo Metcalf Schwartz. New
York: Simon and Schuster. 1972.
Seeger, Pete. Where Have All the Flowers Gone: A Singer's Stories, Songs, Seeds,
Robberies. Edited by Peter Blood. Bethlehem, PA: Sing Out Corporation. 1993.
- Miscellaneous speeches, lectures and labor music. 6041tr. Kheel Center for
Labor-Management Documentation and Archives, Martin P. Catherwood Library,
- Oral History of the American Left. Oral histories, 1976-1984. New York University
Ruth Crawford Seeger
- Allen, Ray and Ellie M. Hisama, eds.. Ruth Crawford Seeger's Worlds:
Innovation and Tradition in Twentieth-century American Music. Rochester, NY:
University of Rochester Press. 2007.
- Gaume, Matilda. Ruth Crawford Seeger: Memoirs, Memories, Music. Metuchen, NJ:
The Scarecrow Press. 1986.
- Straus, Joseph N. The Music of Ruth Crawford Seeger. New York: Cambridge University Press. 1995.
- Tick, Judith. Ruth Crawford Seeger: A Composer's Search for American Music.
Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997.