Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) Project Data-Sharing Program
The VSD data-sharing program is administered by the National Center for Health Statistics Research Data Center. For more information on the data-sharing program, please contact Research Data Center staff.
VSD Data Dictionary
The VSD Data Dictionary includes–
- Constant file
- Enroll file
- Vaccine file
- Inpatient file
- Outpatient file
- HMO birth file
- Mortality file
- Address file
- Geocode file
- Non-standard ICD-9 codes
- Numeric length specifications
- ICD-9 code conventions
- Facility codes
- Startup dates for NCK facilities
- Department codes
Recommended References for VSD Researchers
- Chen RT, DeStefano F, Davis RL, Jackson LA, Thompson RS, Mullooly JP, Black SB, Shinefield HR, Vadheim CM, Ward JI, Marcy SM, Vaccine Safety Datalink Team. The Vaccine Safety Datalink: Immunization Research in Health Maintenance Organizations in the USA.* (PDF) Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2000;78:186–194.
- Chen RT, Glasser J, Rhodes P, Davis RL, Barlow WE, Thompson RS, Mullooly JP, Black SB, Shinefield HR, Vadheim CM, Marcy SM, Ward JI, Wise RP, Wassilak SG, Hadler SC. The Vaccine Safety Datalink Project: A New Tool for Improving Vaccine Safety Monitoring in the United States. Pediatrics 1997;99:765–773.
- Strom BL, ed. Pharmacoepidemiology, Third Edition. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2000.
- Strom BL, Carson JL. Use of Automated Databases for Pharmacoepidemiology Research. Epidemiologic Reviews 1990;12:87–107.
Please note: Some of these publications are available for download only as Portable Document Format (PDF) files, which require Adobe® Acrobat® Reader to view. Please review the information on downloading and using Acrobat Reader software.
*Links to non-Federal organizations found at this site are provided solely as a
service to our users. These links do not constitute an endorsement of these organizations or their
programs by CDC or the Federal Government, and none should be inferred. CDC is not responsible
for the content of the individual organization Web pages found at these links.