National Diabetes Education Program
Material and Logo Guidelines
To help partners and other organizations use NDEP materials
and logos and understand how materials can be used, we have established
policies intended to promote the high quality and scientific integrity of
NDEP as well as consistency in programs.
The NDEP does not endorse commercial products, services, educational
programs or enterprises. Thus, our name and logos CANNOT be used in any
manner that suggests a direct or implied endorsement. The following
policies apply to existing and future NDEP logos.
When using NDEP materials, we ask that you
- Maintain the consistency, quality and scientific integrity of the NDEP
by following our program policies.
Contact us if there are questions about applying the NDEP
policies or if these policies do not address your situation.
- Send copies of your materials and share information about your program
activities with us.
For more information on logo policy use, visit
more about PDFs)
Policy for Duplicating NDEP Program Materials
NDEP products are in the public domain and are copy-right free, so they
can be freely used, reproduced, and disseminated by partners without
permission. However, when printing and reproducing NDEP products,
organizations must be consistent with the program's mission, goals and
Printing and reproduction of NDEP program materials that do not require
- Addition of organization's name, logo, telephone number, fax number,
toll-free number, or Web site address to any NDEP product
- Addition of the following or similar statements to NDEP products:
- "(Your organization name) supports messages of the NDEP."
- "Reprinted as an educational service of (Your
- "Provided by (Your organization name) in support of people with diabetes."
Printing and reproduction of NDEP program materials that do require
- Revising or editing the content of NDEP products.
- To request approval of revised NDEP products,
e-mail to NDEP and provide us with a brief description of 1) your
organization; 2) what will be changed and why; and 3) how the revised
product will be disseminated and used.
Restrictions for Printing and Reproduction of NDEP program materials
- Commercial brands or product names or logos CANNOT be added to any
- NDEP products cannot be sold by partners for a profit but can be
sold to recover printing and distribution costs.
Page last reviewed: September 5, 2007
Page last modified: September 8, 2008
Content Source: National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
Division of Diabetes Translation