HOME >> MODS
version 3.3 changes
MODS Version 3.3 changes
A new version of the MODS XML schema (version 3.3) is now available
This replaces version 3.2, which was finalized in June 2006. Changes
are minor in that there are additions and corrections that do not invalidate
existing MODS 3.2 instances. The new version
of MODS makes the following changes.
Non-substantive but notable changes:
- Increased support for Holdings. See http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/v3/mods-holdings.html.
- Increased support for rights schemas: extensibility mechanism added to accessCondition to allow for other more detailed rights schemas (e.g. CDL.s).
- Allow typeOfResource to be empty.
- Add attribute 'authority' to <frequency> under <originInfo>.
- Add under <recordInfo>, a new element <descriptionStandard> with an authority attribute, e.g. <descriptionStandard authority="marcdescription">rak</descriptionStandard>.
- Add under hierarchicalGeographic (under subject): extraterrestrialArea, citySection.
- Add Xlink attribute to physicalLocation.
- Add additional enumerated values for authority under <language>: ISO 639-3 and RFC4646.
- For the 'xml:' namespace the schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd" is changed to
- For the 'xlink:' namespace the schemaLocation="http://www.loc.gov/standards/xlink.xsd" is changed to
- Attribute declarations are substantially consolidated.
- References to authority lists removed.