Foundation Grants for
Preservation in Libraries, Archives, and Museums
Foundation Grants for Preservation
in Libraries, Archives, and Museums [PDF: 20Mb
/ 118 p.] is a collaborative project of the Library of Congress
and the Foundation Center. This
publication lists 1,725 grants of $5,000
or more awarded by 474 foundations, from 2003 through 2007. It covers
grants to public, academic, research, school, and special libraries,
and to archives and museums for activities related to conservation
and preservation. This publication includes:
- an introduction that explains the book's coverage, arrangement, entries,
and how to research using the volume. Note: This pdf file contains
hotlinks to free online grant writing tutorials and introductions to
foundations offered by the Foundation Center as well as
other widely used non-profit guidance on preservation grants
found on the conservation online web site.
- a statistical analysis of grant funding in the area of preservation by foundation, recipient location, subject, recipient
type (e.g., Library), grant size, and foundation generosity nationwide.
- state-by-state descriptions of projects funded in preservation nationwide
including the foundation's name, limitations on giving, focus
for giving, recipient(s), size of grant, and purpose of the grant described.
This section is hot linked in the pdf version directly to more
descriptions of the foundations.
- indexes by recipient, geographic area of the recipient,
and subject. Note: If you do not find what you are looking for in
the indices, use the find feature to search the text for your term.
- a list of all foundations that have donated to
preservation with their contact information and limitations.
The freely available Adobe
Acrobat Reader is required to view and print this report.
Grants for Preservation in Libraries, Archives, and Museums