Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 14 Dec 2008 14:38:29 -0600
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "Scott D. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: DVD-R recommendations?

So far, I have had very good success with the T-Y disks. I think we only had one defective disk in about 500 or so. We primarily burn these on Plextor drives, and haven't received any complaints from clients about reliability or compatibility of the media. I have less experience with the DVD+R disks, although of the ones we've done using the T-Y disks, there have been no rejects. Scott D. Smith *Chicago Audio Works, Inc.* Matt Sohn wrote: > I am preparing to archive a large number of 24/96 audio files to DVD-R. I am looking for recommendations for types and/or brands of DVD-R discs. Are gold discs worth the extra expense? Any particular manufacturers with proven track records for reliability? > With CDR media I have had good luck with Mitsui/MAM-A and Taiyo-Yuden, but I haven't done much work involving DVD-R to date. > > Thanks, > Matt Sohn > >