Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:29:31 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Steven Smolian <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Collector's Guild CG-602

Collectors Guild was operated by the late Ben Stambler. I was involved in dealing with his estate after his death. At that time, there was talk that his papers would go to NYPL, R&H. I don't know if this actually happened. Steve Smolian -----Original Message----- From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter Hirsch Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 3:47 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: [ARSCLIST] Collector's Guild CG-602 Does anyone out there either have a catalog dating from the early 1960s for the label "Collector's Guild" or the record issued by them as CG-602? I could really use some help with figuring out the contents of this LP. There is some possibility that this disc may never have been issued; I am looking at a test pressing, dated Aug. 2, 1961 made at Sonic Recording Products, Inc., 27 Ludy Street, Hicksville, N.Y. and have no other information, other than that the disc was in a collection of Jewish/Israeli-related recordings. I haven't been able to listen to it, but, since my knowledge of this sort of material is non-existent, listening would probably not help anyway. Thanks, Peter Hirsch NYPL No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release Date: 12/4/2008 8:05 AM