Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sat, 20 Dec 2008 18:58:14 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Punto <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Medtner playing his 3rd Piano Concerto

Apologies for the discographic question, but I have exhausted my other resources at hand. I have in hand an LP that is of Soviet origin, but not Melodiya/MK or anything that I have seen previously. The acronym of the label name appears to be something along the lines of BCT (with the "t" looking more like a gibbet). The catalog number is 06501/06502. I have been able to decipher that it is Medtner playing his Piano Concerto no. 3, but I can't convince myself that the rest stands for "Philharmonia Orchestra conducted by Issay Dobrowen", which is the only version that I have turned up elsewhere. Anyone out there (Mike Biel, maybe?) that can tell me what I've got. If this it indeed a Russian pressing of the Abbey Road Philharmonia recording, it has done a pretty good job of overlaying it with a layer of acoustic sludge/fudge. Thanks, Peter Hirsch