Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:47:08 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         phillip holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      hero worship, was Re: [ARSCLIST] HOLY DOG

And her too. Like I said, it's like royalty to me. My first musical memory was Fine work. I just picked up a 2 track R2R Living Presence on eBay and picked up two of the new SACD transfers. So I'm eaten up with it. I probably wouldn't have gotten into tape and vinyl if it hadn't been for this Fine family (sorry for the pun). I'm not worthy. On another note, I wouldn't have been born if it hadn't been for one of Freddy Fennell's trombone players, who got his doctorate, moved to Texas and recruited my mother and father to be in the band (obviously before my mother and father were married). So there's this whole aura around Mercury, and the EWE recordings in particular. Phillip Holmes ----- Original Message ----- From: <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:23 PM In a message dated 10/26/05 1:21:34 PM, [log in to unmask] writes: > This guy posts on the board all the time. He's Bob Fine's son! Can you > believe it > Isnt he also Wilma Cozart's son? JP