Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sat, 22 Oct 2005 23:27:05 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         David Lennick <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Beta Tapes Available in San Francisco

If they're BetaCam, they could indeed be useful. I know someone in Toronto who was looking for a home for some (ex CBC-TV)....in fact he was also offering hundreds of 5- and 7-inch empty tape reels. No shipping, no delivery, come 'n' get 'em (he's not mobile at the moment). No idea if he's unloaded them by this time. dl "Richard L. Hess" wrote: > Interesting comment - I think the tapes are BetaCam considering the > source, not BetaMax, but you could be right, I didn't ask. The guy I > got it from runs in broadcast circles. > > Cheers, > > Richard > > At 10:59 PM 10/22/2005, you wrote: > >I just dumped a few hundred of the things last month, clearing out my father's > >basement. On the off chance that there are still two people left in the world > >who might still use Beta, I suppose it's worth posting........ > > > > Richard L. Hess [log in to unmask] > Aurora, Ontario, Canada http://www.richardhess.com/ > Detailed contact information: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm