Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:27:44 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      original sequence of two Verve records

Hello fellow jazz fans: I'm hoping someone here has the original LPs of Harry "Sweets" Edison's "The Swinger" and "Mr. Swing" and can tell me the original song sequences of these albums. Also, if someone has the 1999 briefly-available reissue CD of those records, can you tell me where the two extra songs are from, same sessions or different sessions/lineups? Please feel free to reply off-list if you feel this is too specific for this list and THANKS! -- Tom Fine PS -- the usually somewhat helpful jazzdisco.org discography was not too helpful in this case. PPS -- any idea why that 2-CD set was in print such a short time? The only format this stuff is available in now is crappy iTunes AAC.