Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:01:24 -0700
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: CD-R

Thanks! I did not know there was American manufaturing of CDRs! Very good information. <L> Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio 415-883-2689 On Oct 13, 2005, at 4:11 PM, Richard L. Hess wrote: > At 07:03 PM 10/13/2005, Lou Judson wrote: >> Deeper question: how are gold CDRs more archival? They still use >> chemicals for the coding, so is it just the better reflectivity? And >> I am unfamiliar with the term MAM-A. Pardon if this is too >> elementary, but I am here to learn as long as it doesn't bother the >> real archivists! I'm small time myself compared to many of you... If >> I need to brush up on basics just send me there and I'll be quiet! > > The phthalocyanine dye is considered stable and the gold reflective > layer is considered stable. > > Don't glue anything to the lacquer that could damage it. > > MAM-A is the name under which Mitsui is now selling their CD-Rs. > > http://www.mam-a.com/ > > My distributor tells me there is only labeling difference between the > Archival gold CD-Rs and the gold CD-Rs. I'm not 100% sure of that, but > I can't find any differences on the Web site the last time I looked. > > Cheers, > > Richard > > > > Richard L. Hess [log in to unmask] > Aurora, Ontario, Canada http://www.richardhess.com/ > Detailed contact information: > http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm