Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:59:01 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Storing Mini-Discs

At 04:34 PM 10/13/2005, you wrote: >I have a substantial number of mini-discs (original recordings of >oral history interviews) and am trying to figure out the best way to >store them. I can't seem to find any appropriately sized archival >boxes and am hesitant (for a number of reasons) to simply use >plastic containers. Does anyone have any suggestions? Digitally transfer them to two CD-Rs and store the CD-Rs. Or better yet, if you have a managed digital archive that can accept them, store them in that. I don't think many of us think that MDs are archival. I wouldn't worry about an archival box for a medium that probably isn't archival. I don't think we can expect the long-term availability of MD players as compared to CD players. Good luck! Richard Richard L. Hess [log in to unmask] Aurora, Ontario, Canada http://www.richardhess.com/ Detailed contact information: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm