Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:40:21 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Robert Hodge <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Seen at AES NYC
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

External mic inputs I can see, but 48 volts phantom probably isn't realistic due to the fancy switching power supply it would require. AA batteries only generate 1.5 volts each- and not at very high an amperage. Robert Hodge, Senior Engineer Belfer Audio Archive Syracuse University 222 Waverly Ave . Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010 315-443- 7971 FAX-315-443-4866 >>> [log in to unmask] 10/12/2005 10:51 AM >>> Now this is starting to get exciting. While not perfect, I've usually been happy with the sound of Sony products. I found, "<http://www.sony.com>Sony showed its new PCM-D1 portable field recorder. Yow! About $2k, including 4-gig Flash memory off rechargeable or AA batteries. Linear PCM recording or compressed audio files." at http://enews.primediabusiness.com/enews/mix/mixlinestudio/2005_10_07_10705_aes_enewsletter/view.html Those LOOK (but that's part of the marketing, I guess) like serious condenser mic capsules. Look similar to (but not identical to) AKG C451 capsules. It's not clear if the 4GB is built in or removable. Hopefully this also has external mic inputs AND 48V phantom power. At 10:25 AM 10/12/2005, Eugene Lew wrote: >Howdy, > >Here are some pics of the hand-held solid state recorder that Sony plans >to ship in december: >http://pro.miroc.co.jp/AES2005/2nd_day/2st_day_sony.html >details are shown in the screen photo at the above link. > >The demo unit felt solid, wasn't as heavy as it looks, and was easy to >operate. > >more: >http://www.oade.com/Tapers_Section/Forum/user_files/99.jpg >http://beradio.com/currents/blog/photoblog10082005/ > >I didn't ask how much it will cost, >/EL > Richard L. Hess [log in to unmask] Aurora, Ontario, Canada http://www.richardhess.com/ Detailed contact information: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm