Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:06:30 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         andy kolovos <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Seen at AES NYC

Konrad Strauss wrote: > Did you look at the Fostex flash recorder? At a list of $1200 it looked like > a great option. With a 5 gig flash card you get 2 hours of 96k 24-bit > recording. It also takes the 1.8" PCMCIL hard discs. > > http://www.fostex.com/index.php?file=products/pfr/fr2 > I've been enthralled by this thing for a couple of years now, but neither we (the Vermont Folklife Center) nor I have ventured to buy one yet. A visitor to the field recording equipment website that I maintain recently emailed a comment about the unit--that it has been "plagued by file corruption problems." This note was the first I've heard about any problems with the unit, and since it came out of the blue I don't know what to think. Has anyone else come across this issue? The one review I've seen of the FR2 was stellar. andy -- ********************************* Andy Kolovos Archivist/Folklorist Vermont Folklife Center P.O. Box 442 Middlebury, VT 05753 (802) 388-4964 akolovos @ vermontfolklifecenter.org http://www.vermontfolklifecenter.org