Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:48:15 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Joan Baez first lp (was Copyright of treasures)
Comments: To: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
          <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]

At 05:09 PM 10/10/2005, Thomas Stern wrote: > These recordings recorded in San Francisco under contract were > issued by Fantasy in mono and stereo editions, I think the Bear > Family lp was mono. Does anyone know if the original recordings > were done in stereo, or was the fantasy "electronic stereo"??? My notes on this album say: Fantasy 5015 85015 (elec reprocessed) I think that's taken from the copy I bought from a dealer that I've never listened to because UPS folded it in half. They paid for it and I subsequently got a copy that was pristine mono for less <smile>. Cheers, Richard Richard L. Hess [log in to unmask] Aurora, Ontario, Canada http://www.richardhess.com/ Detailed contact information: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm