Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:27:20 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: legal action, and libraries & archives

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Mike Richter wrote: > Karl Miller wrote: > > > How can this be changed? I would suggest that, like any unenforceable law, > > like prohibition, change comes from the populace pushing the envelope. > > Permit me to suggest that "the populace" does not give a tinker's dam > about this issue; that even the Elvis addicts are too few to support the > industry; above all that the irresistible force of money will contiue to > move the legislature against the broader interests of society. Ok, the populace of this list... Yet, the copyrights do provide some considerations to libraries and research use. So, what should I write my congress person? I wonder if there could be enough agreement, even in the library world, to present a united front? Karl