Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 6 Oct 2005 23:07:55 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         David Lennick <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: old acetate tapes - curling/tape tension remedies?

Tom Fine wrote: > Hi Dave/Richard: > > Less strenuous is to see about playing a full-track tape with a 2-track > machine and seeing if one track is usable. My experience -- and I think > Richard mentioned this to me once as a perfectly legit method -- is that > warped/crinkled full-track tapes will not track the gap on a full-track head > but will sometimes on one of the two tracks. An amendment..try a quarter-track machine. The "right channel" will probably give the best reproduction since it's closer to the center of the tape and away from the wavy edges. dl > At 11:37 AM 10/6/2005, dave n wrote: > > >Hello all - > > > > > >I'm looking for information about how anyone here on the arsc-list > > >has handled and transferred old acetate tapes that have begun to curl? > > >