Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 3 Oct 2005 09:53:33 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Storage of audio CDs

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Tom Fine wrote: > I think you'll find "digital corporations" like Microsoft, Google, and > probably Yahoo will be around longer than some institutions and most US > companies that actually manufacture anything. So, have you too been reading Thomas Friedman's "The world is flat?" When I see what is going on with libraries...I wonder how long most of them (with the exception of the major collections and archives) will still be with us... Karl