Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 4 May 2005 11:17:49 -0700
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
Comments:     DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
From:         Thom Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Telarc discs and Denon DN-C635's
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

There was a question from a public radio listserv (Association of Music Personnel in Public Radio) I'm on about early Telarc discs and how they might/might not work with certain kinds of equipment. Here's the e-mail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Thom Thom Pease Grad. Student, School of Library & Info. Science Music Assistant, WFIU-FM 103.7 Indiana University-Bloomington [log in to unmask] ***************************************** We have an irritating problem with our Denon DN-C635 CD players. They refuse to play--in part, and sometimes completely--the earlier releases in the Telarc catalog. Mostly this is confined to the last tracks on a CD, which would be the outer tracks, but sometimes it can be the inner tracks. This covers most all Telarc product from the beginning through the late 80's and in some cases beyond. We never had this problem with the Sony players we previously used. It has gotten so I hate these +%$& machines. Is anybody else having this problem with the DN-C635's? Any good solutions? Right now the best I can do is dub off the selection--using a different machine--to hard drive, and play it on the air via DALET. That is a pain in the a++ and can't be a permanent solution. I'm suggesting to our engineering department that we go back to Sony's, but our chief engineer doesn't like the fact that the current crop of consumer-grade Sony's can only be programmed (he says) by remote units, making for obvious difficulties in a studio with two or more machines. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com