Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:36:35 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Colin Schlachta <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Seeking suggestions for an EQ device.

I should think a WAVES bundle having several kinds of EQ's should do the trick. This way you could do the EQ'ing process all in your session. In a ProTools session, you could just change the output of channel 1 from the Main O/P setting to AUX 1, then on channel 2 set its I/P setting to Aux 1. (If you are dealing with more than one source track, just group these tracks, and then have the O/P of this group to an Aux (mono or stereo).) This makes it possible to record audio from channel 1 to 2 without ever leaving your computer. You could then stack as *many* multi-band EQ's as channel 1 can handle. By having the EQ's on channel 1, the signal entering channel 2 would be a new altered version. This process can be repeated as many times as you want, and it's all reversable if you don't like the new EQ'd version. You remain in the digital domain, and you do not have deal with A/D converters in this process since it's already converted. Just another thought.....You don't need to simply use EQ's on channel 1. You could use other plugins if you want. Hope this helps. Colin Schlachta Assistant Audiovisual Archives Technician Library, Archives and Documentation Services 100 Laurier Street Gatineau, Quebec (819) 776-8466 FAX (819) 776-7055 [log in to unmask] -----Original Message----- From: Brandon Burke [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Sent: April 7, 2004 2:26 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: [ARSCLIST] Seeking suggestions for an EQ device. Hi folks, It's becoming painfuly obvious that we really need some external EQ in our lab. All that we have now is a 3-band EQ situation [low/mid/hi] on items as they enter the computer to get captured, Waves Restoration and then whatever plug-ins come standard with Pro Tools LE. I was thinking along the lines of something that we could pump our Pro Tools sessions through during mixdown and then pump right back into PT. Any suggestions on models or alternate methods? Is what I'm suggesting even a possibility? I should add that our budget is modest but I can usually find ways of getting things done. This to say, nothing too fancy but nothing from Guitar Center either. Know what I mean? Thanks, Brandon Burke Brandon Burke Graduate Research Assistant Digital Library Services University of Texas at Austin Austin, TX phone: (512) 495-4439 email: [log in to unmask] ********************************************************************* * "Stand up and face the full force of a dissonance like a man." * * * * -- Charles Ives * *********************************************************************