Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 7 Apr 2004 18:51:39 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "Steven C. Barr" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Seeking suggestions for an EQ device.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brandon Burke" <[log in to unmask]> > It's becoming painfuly obvious that we really need some external EQ in our lab. > All that we have now is a 3-band EQ situation [low/mid/hi] on items as they > enter the computer to get captured, Waves Restoration and then whatever > plug-ins come standard with Pro Tools LE. I was thinking along the lines of > something that we could pump our Pro Tools sessions through during mixdown and > then pump right back into PT. Any suggestions on models or alternate methods? > Is what I'm suggesting even a possibility? > I should add that our budget is modest but I can usually find ways of getting > things done. This to say, nothing too fancy but nothing from Guitar Center > either. Know what I mean? Do not the programs have equalization capability? Or do you wish outboard eq to give them the best possible signal to work with? If so, it should be possible to use the 10-band/channel equalizers that used to be all the rage for home systems and can now be picked up inexpensively. They use standard line-level impedances and signal levels... Steven C. Barr