Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:17:05 -0700
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         michael <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Seeking audio collections for preservation
Comments: To: "ARSCLIST (E-mail)" <[log in to unmask]>

B.A.V.C. (www.bavc.org <http://www.bavc.org>), the nation's largest and most advanced noncommercial media access center, is excited to announce the introduction of our state-of-the-art audio preservation program. We are currently searching for non-commercial or non-profit organizations or individuals that have audio collections on ¼” analog tape formats that are in need of preservation. Because our preservation rates are subsidized through grants and contributions, they are significantly lower than commercial preservation rates. To give you an idea of the scope of our planned audio preservation program, we currently run the only professionally equipped nonprofit video preservation center in the nation. With the support of the National Endowment of the Arts, our expert technicians offer the highest quality cleaning and transferring of archival material to current video formats for universities, museums, nonprofit institutions and artists, including: SFMOMA, Carnegie Museum of the Arts, DeSaisset Museum of Art, Eggleston Artistic Trust, Georges Pompidou Center, MOCA, New Zealand Film Archive, Pacific Film Archive, School of the Art Institute Chicago, Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, Stanford University Libraries, The Kitchen, UCLA, UCSF, Video Data Bank, William Wegman Gallery, and many more. For more information, please contact: Michael Talbott ([log in to unmask]) Audio & Video Preservation Bay Area Video Coalition 2727 Mariposa St., 2nd Floor San Francisco, CA 94110 (415) 558-2161