Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:09:04 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Randi Millman-Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Record collection query

All the recordings are classical - I feel I need to add some value to the collection, since I will be donating part of it, and need to have some amount of value listed - probably an average per record. Randi On Apr 28, 2004, at 1:27 PM, Steven Smolian wrote: > Classical or popular? > > Why do you need to know the prices? > > Steve Smolian > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Randi Millman-Brown" <[log in to unmask]> > To: <[log in to unmask]> > Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 12:10 PM > Subject: [ARSCLIST] Record collection query > > >> Hello, >> >> I am new to the list and have a question about trying to evaluate the >> value of a collection of recordings >> I recently inherited from my father. I have approx. 7,000 records, >> mostly LPs, some 78s...that I need to set a value to. >> I have just purchased a copy of a new book titled "The Rare Records >> Collectors Price Guide" which I ordered from the >> UK, which I hope will help me set some market value to some of the >> records. >> I am wondering how others in this field, figure the value of some of >> their records. My accountant suggested I could also check out the >> prices records >> are getting on ebay but I don't think that's the most reliable guide >> to >> market value. >> >> I am in the Visual Resources field, and understand the difficulty in >> evaluating large collections of items, but sound recordings are out of >> my league. >> >> Any help would be most appreciated. >> >> Sincerely, >> >> Randi Millman-Brown >> Ithaca, NY