Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:54:32 -0600
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Jon Noring <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Optical Groove Digitization
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

Sam wrote: > I think that we've been negligent in not pointing out earlier the work of > Carl Haber and Vitaliy Fadeyev at the Lawrence Berkeley Lab. They made a > presentation at the Library of Congress this June. They are exploring both > 2-D and 3-D mapping. A PowerPoint presentation and a paper submitted to > AES can be found at: Wow, thanks! Since I used to work at LBLN (in their Applied Science Division), I plan to contact Dr. Haber sometime soon. It is fascinating work they are doing, and about time someone does it. Jon Noring