Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 10 Sep 2003 22:17:09 -0700
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Louise Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      ARSC Call for Papers
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

Call for Papers and Presentations ARSC-SAM Joint Conference Cleveland, Ohio, March 10-13, 2004 ARSC invites submissions of program proposals for our 38th annual conference. Since we are meeting earlier than usual and coordinating our program with the Society for American Music (SAM), proposals are needed by September 30, 2003. Papers, panels, and demonstrations on all aspects of recordings and recorded sound are welcome. By meeting with SAM, we have a special opportunity to share our expertise in discography and discographic research, record labels and manufacturers, archiving, and the preservation and reproduction of recorded sound. Ways in which technology and the recording industry affect music and American life would be of interest to both ARSC and SAM members. We encourage presentations that focus on recording activities in Cleveland and Ohio. Considering Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum and the rich heritage of ethnic music in the area, we seek talks on popular music, rock, blues, folk, and related genres. SAM welcomes proposals involving any aspect of American music or music in American and suggests that papers could be inspired by the Rock Hall, the sesquicentennial of John Philip Sousa's birth, the question of theorizing American music studies, or by collaboration with ARSC members. The ARSC Call for Papers call be found on page 11 of the ARSC Newsletter (Number 102, Summer 2003). The Call is also available on the ARSC website at www.arsc-audio.org. Click on "2004 ARSC-SAM Conference," and then click on "Call for Papers and Presentations." We hope to hear from many of you -- Your 2003-04 ARSC Program Committee Sam Brylawski Nathan Georgitis Louise Spear, Chair For more information, contact -- Louise Spear The GRAMMY Foundation 3402 Pico Blvd Santa Monica, CA 90405 phone: 310-392-3777, ext 219 fax: 310-392-2188 email: [log in to unmask]