Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:45:43 -0800
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: CD-ROM marking pens

Thanks Nigel, for this glimpse into the vaults. Be glad, be very very glad, you don't live in earthquake country! So the bar code stickers have the actuall numbers human readable too, right? That was the part I felt mystified about... Thanks for letting this lurker learn something. I've been one of those trogs once or twice in my own little world. Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio 415-883-2689 On Nov 22, 2005, at 2:22 AM, Bewley, Nigel wrote: > Much less hi tech..... we have storage areas with floor to ceiling > shelves on either side thus presenting - literally - walls of sound (a > la Phil Spector!) that form towering and claustrophobic four foot wide > corridors. On the outside of the areas are the bar code ranges within > the pens and then it's easy to find the box and thus the disc. This is > testament to the hard working and efficient and oft un-sung troglodytes > that look after the storage facility and ensure that 'everything has > its > place'. > > Frost has gone - lucky for hot house flowers like me - so..... > > Reagards from a misty, damp and mild London. > > Nigel