Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:42:54 -0700
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Angie Dickinson Mickle <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: CD-ROM marking pens

I second Richard's recommendation. I just got one of these about a week ago. Though the design software leaves a little to be desired, the printer itself is great. Unlike the Casio, the Z1 automatically rotates the disc and prints all four areas. Angie Dickinson Mickle Arvada, Colorado www.avocadoproductions.com Richard L. Hess wrote: > Hi, Andy et al, > > I would like to offer an option (if only for people to shoot it down) to > consider. > > The Primera Signature Z1 printer > http://www.primera.com/signaturez1.html > > I like the results and I print before burning so if there is any > immediate damage that interferes with burning (haven't found any) the > software will hopefully find it. > > Erik Dix (and the other three attendees) saw it working at my seminar. > > I believe it to be archival. It's thermal transfer, and, I don't think, > has any solvents in it. > > >> I'd love a tip (bad pun, not actually intended) on a fine point >> CD-safe marker--any suggestions? > > > Richard L. Hess [log in to unmask] > Aurora, Ontario, Canada http://www.richardhess.com/ > Detailed contact information: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm > > >