Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 10 Nov 2005 06:03:48 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: need audio cassette deck suggestions

I should have been less snappish myself. My apologies. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Lou Judson" <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:20 PM Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] need audio cassette deck suggestions Didn't mean to challenge uneccessarily, but they are talking about radio program masters, not casual recordings done on a kitchen table. That's all I meant - the quality they wish to maintain is up to their budget and purposes.. I did discount your intent, though. I spent some years way back using cassettes for original and broadcast masters on low budget projects! Pardon me. Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio 415-883-2689 On Nov 9, 2005, at 4:29 PM, Tom Fine wrote: > What "value judgements"? Note my original post with questions about the > content, not assumptions. Note the response from the original > questioner, > indicating I was mostly right. As I said, one can sink an endless > river of > money into any audio "problem," but I like to advise my clients on > cost-effective and common-sense options too, vs. money is no object. My > clients seem to appreciate the honesty, and I also offer it for free > to my > online amigos, who of course may take it or leave it! > > -- Tom Fine > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Lou Judson" <[log in to unmask]> > To: <[log in to unmask]> > Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:33 AM > Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] need audio cassette deck suggestions > > > I believe these are airchecks, or production masters, of radio > broadcasts, good quality albeit cassette recordings. Be not so harsh to > judge! > > I think they have seen the choices and will make their decision without > the value judgements... > > <L> > > Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio > 415-883-2689 > > On Nov 9, 2005, at 3:58 AM, Tom Fine wrote: > >> but mono voice recordings (probably made on a portable >> live in a rally room if they are political speeches or on a meeting >> room= >