Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:53:40 -0000
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "Copeland, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Cylinder Mfgs

For some non-US material, I would advocate the British magazines Talking Machine News and Sound Wave, which are accessible at the British Library (Newspaper Library) in Colindale, North London. I boiled these down to provide dating tables some years ago, and if you'd like to contact me offline (<[log in to unmask]>), I could at least supply the tradenames of the period and the years they were active in Britain. Peter Copeland -----Original Message----- From: Len Garnell [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Sent: 10 November 2003 02:39 To: [log in to unmask] Subject: [ARSCLIST] Cylinder Mfgs Hello. New to the list, and I was unable to search the archives of this list (function was not functioning, I think it had a coming soon message). So I hope you accept my apologies if this has already been covered... I was wondering if anyone on the list had and could email me a "comprehensive" list of cylinder mfgs both us and non-us. And if anyone knows the name(s) of an expert in the catalogs of each manufacturers. I have "edison" covered for help with those catalogs, but the others? For example, maybe someone can point me to someone who has researched the columbia catalog, or someone who has researched the lambert, or the US indestructible, etc. I am trying to do some research on the breadth of manufacturers and the approximate size of their catalogs and to research quirks with their catalogs (duplicate numbers in particular). Any way, thanks very much for any info or way pointing! [log in to unmask] ************************************************************************** Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk Adopt a Book this season ! Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. www.bl.uk/adoptabook ************************************************************************* The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmaster@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or [log in to unmask] : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British Library. The British Library does not take any responsibility for the views of the author. *************************************************************************