Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:35:17 EST
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Paul Charosh <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Looking for sound recordings
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

In a message dated 11/10/03 6:47:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, ll-dup@SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU writes: [log in to unmask] writes: << I am looking for early sound recordings of Booker T. Washington and Marcus Garvey. >> Booker T. Washington made a record for Columbia about 1909, although not for general release. Some pressings were made from it at the time and again, in vinyl, about 1961. I believe LOC has a copy. Paul Charosh